Raw Banana Cutlet (Plantain cutlet) is a healthy and delicious Indian snack recipe. A snack with only 240 calories is always a welcome snack. This recipe takes not more than 20 to 30 min from word go to prepare with chutney and serves 4 people.
- 4-5 Raw banana
- 2 Onions finely chopped
- Garlic finely chopped
- Ginger finely chopped
- 2 Green Chillies finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp Red chilly powder or as per threshold
- Salt to taste
- Oil for frying
- 2 tsp Coriander leaves finely chopped
- 2 tsp Coriander powder
- 1 tsp Tumeric powder (optional)
- 2 spoons Corn flour or 2 boiled potatoes for binding as per preference
- 2 spoons Samolina
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
How to Make Raw Banana Cutlet/Plantain cutlet
- In a pan pour a small spoon of oil, when moderate hot add green chillies (be careful as they tend to spurt), garlic and ginger.
- Add onions, chilly powder, turmeric, coriander powder and garam masala. Your hot masala is ready.
- Mash boiled and peeled raw banana then add to the pan with hot masala. Cook for few minutes then add Salt and 1 spoon coriander leaves to taste.
- In order to attain a good consistency of the cutlet mix add corn flour or potatoes, this helps in binding.
- Break the mix prepared in small balls and then flatten them to give a cutlet/Tikki shape.
- Coat these banana cutlets with semolina to give the final crispy crust.
- Shallow fry the cutlets on a flat pan. Your hearty snack is ready when crispy brown.
Garnish with green coriander leaves and serve with lacha onions and coriander chutney or ketchup.
Explore more snack recipes here